We do not tolerate harassment of any of our employees, customers or clients, vendors, or suppliers. Any form of harassment which violates federal, state or local law, including, but not limited to harassment related to any of the above-listed protected categories is a violation of this policy and will be treated as a disciplinary matter. For these purposes the term "harassment," includes slurs and any other offensive remarks, jokes, other verbal, graphic, or physical conduct.
In addition to the above listed conduct, “sexual harassment” can also include the following examples of unacceptable behavior:
· Unwanted sexual advances
· Offering an employment benefit (such as a raise or promotion or assistance with one’s career) in exchange for sexual favors, or threatening an employment detriment (such as termination, demotion, or disciplinary action) for an employee’s failure to engage in sexual activity
· Visual conduct, such as leering, making sexual gestures, displaying of sexually suggestive objects or pictures, cartoons or posters
· Verbal sexual advances, propositions or requests
· Verbal abuse of a sexual nature, graphic verbal commentaries about an individual's body, sexually degrading words used to describe an individual, suggestive or obscene letters, notes or invitations
· Physical conduct, such as touching, assault, impeding or blocking movements
Harassment of employees in connection with their work by non-employees may also be a violation of this policy. Any employee who experiences harassment by a non-employee, or who observes harassment of an employee by a non-employee should report such harassment to his or her supervisor or to Human Resources. Appropriate action will be taken against violation of this policy by any non-employee.
Harassment of our customers/clients, or employees of our customers/clients, vendors, or suppliers by our employees is also strictly prohibited. Such harassment includes sexual advances, verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature, sexual comments and gender-based insults. Any such harassment will subject an employee to disciplinary action, up to and including immediate discharge.